On this page you'll find the most recent pricing schedule from the Toki Pounamu Education Trust, for the Chromebook learning package.
There are resources on this page that guide you through use of a Chromebook, which are taught to students through the 'Digital Dig' resource.
Read the 'Kawa of Care' documentation here for further information about caring for your Chromebook to meet the requirements for warranty and insurance.
INFORMATION FOR 2020 DEVICE PURCHASES – ACER 733 CHROMEBOOK
- The new device purchased for the Trust is considered to be a much sturdier model than has previously been used – it comes complete with a charger and carry case, 3 year warranty and insurance (nil excess on claims – up to 2 repairs and one replacement per device) and automatically has IT support in place for any problems that occur. Please note - if a replacement device is ordered, parents / caregivers will have to purchase new insurance cover for the device. Chromebooks will be $510 (plus interest) if paid for using a Credit Sales Agreement or $490 if Paid in Full.
- A $40 deposit is required to be paid to the school your child will be attending in 2020 (not their current one) before 4 February 2020. New devices are unable to be issued to students until the deposit and all necessary paperwork have been completed.
PLACE OF PAYMENT
Payment will be made to the Toki Pounamu Education Trust bank. ASB Bank, account number 12-3168-0055316-00
Your Chromebook includes three year’s warranty against manufacturing defects, and material damage insurance providing cover for accidental damage, theft, fire and loss. There is nil excess payable for each approved claim and you are able to claim up to 2 times for repairs and once for replacement of a device. If a device is replaced in full, parents / caregivers will need to purchase new insurance for the replacement Chromebook.
The insurer requires adherence to the following requirements:
TAKING CARE OF YOUR CHROMEBOOK
Your Chromebook is an expensive piece of electronic equipment and you should take great care with it.
- Never leave equipment unattended, even for a short time.
- Always lock it away when not using it at school or in the office.
- Keep drinks and water bottles well away from your Chromebook
- Never leave your Chromebook in an unlocked car, even for a few minutes.
- Even in a locked car, keep your Chromebook out of sight, preferably in the boot.
- Always carry your Chromebook in its bag/sleeve.
- Always look after your bag. Everyone knows what's inside
- Insurance does not cover negligence, abuse or malicious damage.
NON-PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS
The Toki Pounamu Education Trust is a completely separate entity from any school and retains control of all devices until they have been paid for in full. Our aim is to ensure that all students have access to devices for their learning but we cannot allow accounts to go unpaid. We ask that anyone who has problems (for whatever reason) around servicing their debt either contact their school or Monica Robbins at Toki Pounamu. Every effort will be made to accommodate the ‘glitches’ that we all sometimes have but if you do not let us know, we cannot help you. All information shared with us is confidential and will not be discussed other than with your school. If accounts are not being paid the following processes will be put in place:
- Payments not made for a month - a letter will be sent to account holders to remind them of their obligations and arrears owing. (Schools will also receive copy)
- If no payment or contact is made after another 2 weeks the device will be shut down remotely (your child will not be able to access the computer), the device will need to be returned to your school.
- If no payment or contact is made after another week, account holders will receive another letter advising them of referral to debt collection for any arrears.
We cannot stress enough how important it is to let us know if there is a problem with payment – we may be able to help you by reorganising your payment options to better suit you.
As a final note – no device is to have any painting or decoration (stickers or otherwise) on it until it is fully paid up. If your child is moving away or no longer requires their chromebook, we cannot onsell it if it has been ‘personalised’ and you will be liable for the debt.
Any questions or queries please feel free to contact your own school or Monica at Grey Main School – phone 03 768 5411 extn 119 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Acer Chromebook 311 is the ideal laptop for all educational establishments. With its state-of-the-art low-power processor, military standard specs and a long battery life, it can stand up to the daily rigors and intense usage of students inside or outside the classroom. Low power usage and responsive software is provided by the latest Intel® Celeron processor. The extra performance makes highly graphical classroom projects run more smoothly so tasks are performed faster. The Military Standard (MIL-STD 810G) tested, impact-resistant body stands up to daily wear and tear. This device comes with a pressure resistant screen, the shock absorbent bumper and reinforced honeycomb design. The unique drainage design means the keyboard is resistance to spills.
Brand/Model: Acer 11.6" C733 Chromebook (C733-C9C5)
Processor: 1.1GHz Intel® Celeron® Quad Core N4100 Processor (Turbo boosts up to 2.4GHz)
Memory: 4GB DDR4 Onboard (Non-upgradable)
Storage 32GB eMMC
Display: 11.6" HD 1366x768 Display
Webcam: HD webcam
Connections/Ports: 2 x USB 3.1 Type-C, 2 x USB 3.1 Gen1, Headphone/speaker jack, microSD card reader slot.
Operating System: Chrome OS
Graphics: Intel® UHD Graphics
Network: 802.11ac + BT
Battery: 3-cell Li ion (Up to 12hrs)